Permits & Licences Directory

Permits / Licenses Description
Banner Permit Any street banners displayed in the City require a permit, including banners which display public information and public events. More Info
Building Permits Building permits are required before you begin work on your project. To apply for a permit, you need to provide information about your project in the form of plans and supporting documentation. More Info
Bulk Water Use Permit On occasion, contractors or members of the public may require bulk water supply. More Info
Burning Permit All open burning in rural areas requires a permit issued from the City of Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service.  Open burning permits will be issued during designated burning seasons, Spring season (Marc More Info
Business License Any activity or undertaking providing professional, personal or other service for the purposes of gain or profit requires a valid business licence. Other than Temporary Licences, a business licence More Info
Canvassing Permit / Fundraising Campaigns A canvassing permit is required for all fundraising campaigns in the City of Abbotsford. More Info
Development Permit Development Permits allow the City to achieve policies with respect to the form and character of multi-family, commercial and industrial development and to protect agricultural and environmental ar More Info
Dog Licences The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) provides Animal Control services for the City of Abbotsford and is responsible for all aspects of Animal Control such as dog licensing, b More Info
Filming Permit The film office will work will the production companies throughout the approval process. To film your production in Abbotsford, please follow the steps on our Filming Application. More Info
Fire Permits Occupant Load Sign, Fireworks and Special Events Approvals. More Info
Fireworks Permit Residents wishing to discharge fireworks in the City boundaries require a fireworks permit. More Info
Flood Restoration Permits In accordance with the City’s Building Bylaw, 2018, section 28, a building permit is needed when a residential More Info
Highway Excavation Permit Highway Excavation Permits are required for work on City roads to improve or repair City maintained infrastructure and franchise utilities.  If the work includes repairing, extending or installing More Info
Highway Use Permit A Highway Use Permit is required if events or activities will disrupt regular vehicle or pedestrian traffic on City roads and sidewalks. More Info
Hydrant Use Permit On occasion, contractors or members of the public may require bulk water supply. More Info