Public transit helps promote the reduction of single occupancy vehicle trips and minimize the need for expensive infrastructure while connecting our residential areas, parks, and shopping and employment areas.
The City of Abbotsford’s goal is to create a transit-friendly community that:
- provides a viable transportation alternative for all residents
- supports population and local employment growth
- maintains and improves the City’s work/live ratio
- shapes growth according to the City’s Official Community Plan (OCP)
- reduces community-wide greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions