As of March 28, 2022, the Planning and Development Services Department is once again accepting in-person applications without an appointment.
Applications can be submitted between 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays).
As of April 11, 2022 all building applications must be made in person to the Building Division and can no longer be submitted by email, with main reception, or the City Hall after hours drop-box.
- Agricultural Building Permit Application
- Alternative Solutions Application
- Board of Variance Application
- Building Permit Application Amendment
- for requesting an amendment to Building Permit application categories (i.e. change of Applicant, Contractor, Registered Owner, Primary Contact, Return Deposit To)
- Certified Professional Program Application Package
- Complex Buildings New & Additions Application
- Construction Sound Variance Exemption Application
- Demolition Permit Application
- fees for a demolition permit are $150 plus disconnect fees
- information on disconnect fees for City services is available under Water and Sewer Permits
- Flood Restoration Application
- see the Flood Restoration Permits page for further information
- General Building Permit Application
- includes Cell Tower, Modular Building, Parking Lot, Retaining Wall, Secondary Suite Removal, Storage Racking and Temporary Structure
- Plumbing Permit Application
- for Red Seal plumbing contractors, or homeowners doing their own plumbing work on their single detached dwelling.
- Please note: Effective June 27, 2022, fees associated with plumbing work will be charged to plumbing permit applicants on the plumbing permit. In some instances, fees for plumbing work have already been paid for on the building permit; fees already paid will not be charged again on the plumbing permit.
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Secondary Suite Application
- Sign Permit Application (hard-copy)
- Sign Permit Application (online)
- Sprinkler Permit Application
- also see Sprinkler Permit Process bulletin
- Swimming Pool Application
- Tenant Improvement Application
- Fees & Charges
- Letter of Authorization (for Building Permit Applications)
For further information contact Building Permits & Licences at 604-864-5525 or email email@example.com
To schedule a meeting with City staff prior to submitting an application, please review the Development Inquiry Meeting Information.
Application Forms & Fees
- Development Application Form (Fillable PDF)
- Second Dwelling Application Form (Fillable PDF)
- Supportive Recovery Use Application Form (Fillable PDF)
- Application for Final Approval to Subdivide (Fillable PDF) (only submit once all PLA conditions have been fulfilled)
- Historic Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption Application Form (Fillable PDF)
- Sidewalk Patio Permits (Fillable PDF)
- Administrative Change Request Form (Fillable PDF)
- Letter of Authorization Form (for development applications) (Fillable PDF)
- Fees & Charges
- Development Permits (form & character, environmental, agricultural)
- Liquor Licence Amendment (permanent change)
Guidelines for development permits can be found in the Official Community Plan Bylaw, Part 5 - Development Permit Guidelines.
For exclusion, inclusion, subdivision, boundary realignment or non-farm use applications, you will need to review the ALC's Before You Start an Application information.
To make an ALC application, you will need to first submit an application to the Provincial Agricultural Land Commission via their Online Application Portal, then submit an application to the City of Abbotsford Planning Services Division, which includes our Agricultural Land Commission Development Application Form and all required supporting documentation.
This includes a printout of your Provincial Agricultural Land Commission Applicant Submission.
Please review our Fees & Charges document for applicable application fees.
To make a Liquor Licence or Provincial Non-Medical Cannabis Retail Licence application, you will need to first submit an application to the Liquor & Cannabis Regulation Branch, then submit an application to the City of Abbotsford Planning Services Division, which includes our LCRB Application Form and all required supporting documentation.
Please note that Provincial Non-Medical Cannabis Retail Licence applications will be considered through a consolidated intake and competitive review process, as per Council’s Cannabis Retail Store Policy (C005-11). Applications may be submitted between February 3 and May 1, 2020. The application process consists of four steps and is anticipated to take approximately six months.
For more information, visit letstalkabbotsford.ca/cannabis.