Applications will be accepted between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm.
- Agricultural Building Permit Application
- Alternative Solutions Application
- Board of Variance Application
- Building Permit Application Amendment
- for requesting an amendment to Building Permit application categories (i.e. change of Applicant, Contractor, Registered Owner, Primary Contact, Return Deposit To)
- Certified Professional Program Application Package
- Complex Buildings New & Additions Application
- Construction Sound Variance Exemption Application
- Demolition Permit Application
- fees for a demolition permit are $150 plus disconnect fees
- information on disconnect fees for City services is available under Water and Sewer Permits
- General Building Permit Application
- includes Cell Tower, Modular Building, Parking Lot, Retaining Wall, Secondary Suite Removal, Storage Racking and Temporary Structure
- Plumbing Permit Application
- for Red Seal plumbing contractors doing plumbing works that do not require a building permit, or
- for homeowners doing their own plumbing work on their single family dwelling
- Plumbing Trade Permit
- for Red Seal plumbing contractors doing plumbing works when there is an associated active building permit
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Secondary Suite Application
- Sign Permit Application (hard-copy)
- Sign Permit Application (online)
- Sprinkler Permit Application
- also see Sprinkler Permit Process bulletin
- Swimming Pool Application
- Tenant Improvement Application
- Fees & Charges
- Letter of Authorization (for Building Permit Applications)
For further information contact Building Permits & Licences at 604-864-5525 or email email@example.com
To schedule a meeting with City staff prior to submitting an application, please review the Development Inquiry Meeting Information.
Application Forms & Fees
- Development Application Form (Fillable PDF)
- Second Dwelling Application Form (Fillable PDF)
- Supportive Recovery Use Application Form (Fillable PDF)
- Application for Final Approval to Subdivide (Fillable PDF) (submit only once all PLA conditions have been fulfilled)
- Historic Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption Application Form (Fillable PDF)
- Administrative Change Request Form (Fillable PDF)
- Letter of Authorization Form (for development applications) (Fillable PDF)
- Fees & Charges
- Development Permits (form & character, environmental, agricultural)
- Liquor Licence Amendment (permanent change)
Guidelines for development permits can be found in the Official Community Plan Bylaw, Part 5 - Development Permit Guidelines.
For exclusion, inclusion, subdivision, boundary realignment or non-farm use applications, you will need to review the ALC's Before You Start an Application information.
To make an ALC application, you will need to first submit an application to the Provincial Agricultural Land Commission via their Online Application Portal, then submit an application to the City of Abbotsford Planning Services Division, which includes our Agricultural Land Commission Development Application Form and all required supporting documentation
This includes a printout of your Provincial Agricultural Land Commission Applicant Submission.
Please review our Fees & Charges document for applicable application fees.
To make a Liquor Licence or Provincial Non-Medical Cannabis Retail Licence application, you will need to first submit an application to the Liquor & Cannabis Regulation Branch, then submit an application to the City of Abbotsford Planning Services Division, which includes our LCRB Application Form and all required supporting documentation.
Please note that Provincial Non-Medical Cannabis Retail Licence applications will be considered through a consolidated intake and competitive review process, as per Council’s Cannabis Retail Store Policy (C005-11). Applications may be submitted between February 3 and May 1, 2020. The application process consists of four steps and is anticipated to take approximately six months.
For more information, visit letstalkabbotsford.ca/cannabis.