Our Value Proposition
Abbotsford, BC is a diverse, livable community in close proximity to one of the most desired global hubs in the world – Vancouver. Transportation network provides affordable, highly efficient access to the whole of North America, the U.S Pacific Northwest and Asia Pacific. Home to a $1.8 billion agricultural sector, a robust aerospace cluster and an emerging hub of tech industries, Abbotsford offers a unique advantage for industry to a variety of markets.
- Agriculture & Value Added Processing
- Manufacturing & Technology
The City of Abbotsford – recognized as the Hub of British Columbia’s Fraser Valley region – is one of the fastest growing business centres in Canada. Situated in the south-western corner of the province of British Columbia along the Canada/US border just 89 kilometers (55 miles) from the Pacific Coast, Abbotsford presents a unique value proposition for international companies looking to enter the North American market and domestic companies seeking a strategic gateway from the Pacific Northwest by air or sea.
Recruiting and retaining prime talent offers a key competitive advantage. Skilled labour and service workers top the occupations of our young, educated workforce.
- Over half the population of Abbotsford has a post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree
- Median age of Abbotsford’s population is 37.9 years
- Over half of BC’s workforce works in knowledge-based or trade-related industries, and 60% of this workforce is under 44 years of age
We provide professional, responsive customer service to help you find the ideal location for your business. We function as a solid single point of contact, helping you explore location and expansion opportunities in Abbotsford. We are progressive, forward-thinking and ready to take your business to the next level.
Quality of Life
Our temperate climate, multicultural city and clean environment provide a quality of life that draws skilled creative people from around the world. We also have a spectacular physical setting; located in a fertile valley surrounded by mountains. An area that is rich in parkland, trails and sports fields. Which suits us well, since west-coasters like to stay fit and active. About 84% of our residents live within 500 metres of a park. About 62% of us live and work within the city itself, with an average commute under 10 minutes.
- Fraser Valley Real Estate - Reasonable cost of living and affordable real estate.
- Tourism Abbotsford
- University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre - world class regional hospital that meets LEED gold standard hospital.
- Abbotsford International Airport (YXX)