Building Inspections Go Mobile November 6, 2023
Key features of mobile inspections include:
- Increased capacity to complete more inspections
- Eliminate paper reports
- Inspectors will now create and submit inspections in real-time, allowing customers to have the ability to schedule subsequent inspections right away
- Improve the ability to send the report to multiple project stakeholders
Booking a Building Inspection
- Inspections can be scheduled for the morning or afternoon (after 12:00 pm). Staff will make every effort to accommodate your preference; however due to the high volume of inspection requests, we cannot book inspections for a specific time.
- All inspections can be scheduled online. (See 'Schedule Inspection' below.) To book your inspection online, you need your eight digit permit number (last two digits of the year, followed by the six digit permit number, e.g. 20123456).
- You can cancel and reschedule an inspection online. Please give us 24 hours notice for a cancellation. Note that inspections cannot be cancelled online on the same day they are scheduled.
- You can leave a message for the inspector online. Messages and notes left for the building inspector during the online booking will be reviewed during the inspection.
- Inspection results are available online, the next business day, after your inspection.
- Inspectors are available to answer questions over the phone or at City Hall Monday to Friday, between 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm.
Preparing for Your Inspection
- To avoid delays, all your documentation must be available during the inspection. Please have all permits on site including the plans, site surveys and engineers’ field reviews, stamped “ACCEPTED” by the City of Abbotsford.
- Please note that inspectors do not call before they attend an inspection.
To ensure that all documents are submitted and completed correctly, a documentation meeting is required for projects using a Coordinating Registered Professional (CRP). The meeting is conducted at City Hall, prior to the Final Inspection. This ensures the project is completed in an efficient manner, and allows staff to address any potential issues that may impact the timeline.