The City of Abbotsford has multi-purpose rooms available for rentals at Abbotsford Recreation Centre and Matsqui Recreation Centre.
March 2021 - Private Rentals are unavailable at this time
Requests are not final until confirmed by Parks, Recreation & Culture staff. Completing the application does not guarantee the Room or Facility will be available.
Room Rental Information
Facility Seating Size & Floor Type Amenities ARC Meeting Room 8 Carpeted, 200 sq. ft. ARC Mezzanine 110 Tile floor, 2100 sq. ft.
ARC Multi-purpose rooms 1-75 Laminate floor, 893-2000 sq. ft. MRC Aerobics Room 108 Rubber floor, 1000 sq.ft. PA system MRC Meeting Room 60 Tile floor, 605 sq. ft. MRC Seniors Centre 120 Tile floor, 62' X27' Stove, fridge, sink, PA system
Jan 11/21 -The following Indoor Facilities have re-opened for booking at AEP
Agrifair Arena, Show Barn
Primary booking site for special events, community recreation programming, school groups, weddings, track and field events, and meetings. A 75 acre park with a wide variety of indoor and outdoor facilities, including:
- Multi-use buildings and facilities
- Ball diamonds
- Playing fields
- BMX track
Requests are not final until confirmed by Parks, Recreation & Culture staff. Completing the application does not guarantee the Facility or Field will be available.
The City of Abbotsford offers ice or dry floor rentals at the Abbotsford Centre, MSA Arena, Abbotsford Recreation Centre and Matsqui Recreation Centre. View Availability and Amenities
Requests are not final until confirmed by Parks, Recreation & Culture staff. Completing the application does not guarantee the Arena facility will be available.
Abbotsford Parks, Recreation & Culture currently provides:
- 34 ball diamonds
- 32 sports fields
- 6 synthetic turf fields for soccer, football, rugby, baseball, slo-pitch, unified lacrosse, and field hockey
- Cricket can be played at two locations, Abbotsford Exhibition Park, with natural and artificial turf wickets and at Bakerview Learning Centre, where an artificial wicket is available.
- Fields may be closed for maintenance, standing water and winter conditions and should not be used by the public for safety and damage issues.
Requests are not final until confirmed by Parks, Recreation & Culture staff. Completing the application does not guarantee the Field will be available.
Major Fields/Diamonds in Abbotsford Park
No. of Fields/ Diamonds Lights
Slo-pitch/Fastball Matsqui Village Park 6074 Riverside Street 1 Yes Mill Lake Park - Mill Lake Diamond Off of Mill Lake Road 1 Yes Mill Lake Park - Centennial Diamond 2310 Emerson Street 1 Yes Clearbrook Park 3680 Clearbrook Road 2 No Ellwood Park 31580 Maclure Road 2 Yes Abbotsford Exhibition Park 32470 Haida Drive 4 Yes Soccer Abbotsford Exhibition Park 32470 Haida Drive 4 No Abby Senior - Synthetic Turf 33355 Bevan Ave 1 Yes DeLair Park 35570 Old Yale Road 2 Yes MRC Sports Complex - Synthetic Turf 32355 Mouat Drive 4 Yes Bateman Park 34600 Bateman Rd 3 No McMillan Park 2495 McMillan Road 3 No Baseball Townline Hill Park Blueridge Street 1 Yes Hughes Park 1400 Clearbrook Road 1 No DeLair Park 35570 Old Yale Road 1 Yes McMillan Park 2495 McMillan Road 1 No Lions Diamond 2310 Emerson Street 1 No Grant Park 31900 Madiera Place 1 No Berry Park 33928 Fern Street 1 Yes Stadium Rotary Stadium 32470 Haida Drive 1 Yes
Abbotsford Parks, Recreation & Culture has two indoor pools and one outdoor pool that are available for the public and user groups to rent privately during specific times throughout the year:
Abbotsford Recreation Centre (UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME)
- 25 metre swimming pool, tots pool
- Hot tub, sauna. We do not rent out the hot tub or sauna – this is always open to the public during rental times.
- Diving board
Matsqui Recreation Centre (Available for Schools and Minor Sports organizations only at this time)
- Wave pool zero depth beach entry, 25 metre lanes, tots pool
- Hot tub, steam room and sauna
- Waterslide, diving board
Centennial Outdoor Pool (May-September only)
Requests are not final until confirmed by Parks, Recreation & Culture staff. Completing the application does not guarantee the Facility will be available. Please note this form is only to book lanes or privately rent the pool for groups. To register for swimming lessons or public swim sessions visit direct2rec.com
The City has numerous parks and picnic shelters. Picnic shelters are located next to playgrounds, washrooms and green spaces.
Park/Picnic Shelter booking Fee - $16.50/hr, Commercial - $37.50/hr
Reservations are available for most shelters from April 1- October 31.
Washrooms, Amenities and Gates
- Washrooms, water and power amenities are seasonal.
- Octagon washrooms by Mill Lake ball diamond will be open as long as weather permits.
- Fire restrictions limit cooking to propane barbeques, supplied by the user. BBQ stands provided.
- All parks are closed daily by security staff and overnight use in prohibited.
- Park gates open one hour before sunrise and close one hour after sunset year-round.
Requests are not final until confirmed by Parks, Recreation & Culture staff. Completing the application does not guarantee the Park/Picnic shelter will be available.
Located at Abbotsford Exhibition Park, Rotary Stadium boasts:
- An inside lane of 400 metres, increasing 5 metres every lane, outside lane 400 metres
- Grandstand that provides seating for 4000 with the ability to seat an additional 1000 people on the grass
- Suitable for track & field meets, games or tournaments, cultural events, celebrations and large community events.
Requests are not final until confirmed by Parks, Recreation & Culture staff. Completing the application does not guarantee the facility will be available.
21 tennis courts are available throughout the City. MSA Arena, Jubilee and DeLair Parks have lights for night time use. The School District maintains tennis courts at many of their sites.
The City of Abbotsford currently has one year round lacrosse box located at Yale Court Park. Indoor arenas dry floors can also be used in Summer months (depends on availability).
There are two sand volleyball courts at Mill Lake Park and one at Albert Dyck Memorial Park, which are available on a first-come/first-serve basis, or reservations can be made, between April 1 and October 31, through the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department (please note that "reservations" take precedence).
Abbotsford has two skate parks, the more popular 25,000 ft² street scape - style skate park located at McMillan Youth Park and a small 6,889 ft² hybrid located between W. J. Mouat High School and Colleen and Gordie Howe Middle School. The McMillan Youth Park provides fun challenging opportunities for a broad range of skating styles and ability levels.
Abbotsford has three pickleball courts, one each at Yale Court, Bradner Park and Jubilee Park. Jubilee Park court is equipped with lights. Pickleball is a paddleball sport that combines elements of badminton, table tennis and tennis.
Requests are not final until confirmed by Parks, Recreation & Culture staff. Completing the application does not guarantee the Court or Park will be available.
The City of Abbotsford offers a mobile grandstand, which can seat up to 260 people.
Mobile Grandstand is for use on City property only. Requests are not final until confirmed by Parks, Recreation & Culture staff. Completing the application does not guarantee the Mobile Grandstand will be available.
Matsqui Centennial Auditorium
Based on recent direction from the Provincial Health Officer and Minister of Health to limit public gatherings, the City of Abbotsford will not be taking any new bookings, and will be cancelling all existing bookings, until further notice.
For more information, visit COVID-19 City Services Updates.
- This exquisite 386-seat theatre-style venue’s outstanding design and superb technical abilities create the perfect intimate setting for performances, seminars and meetings.
- 30’ x 36’ stage with large on-stage screen available
- Two large dressing rooms equipped with showers
- Impeccable washroom facilities
- Comfortably large green room
- State-of-the-art sound and lighting systems
- PA and multi-media services
- Beautiful grand piano available for performances
- Surrounded in floor-to-ceiling windows, this fully carpeted venue, which looks out onto inviting garden and fountain display, lends itself well to receptions and meetings.
- Capacity: 80 standing; 40 banquet; 64 theatre style
- Multi-media services available
- Practical kitchenette/bar adjoins the foyer
A uniquely designed fountain area and courtyard transforms into a beautiful stage. An ideal venue for outdoor dance and theatre performances or weddings.
Please contact Parks, Recreation & Culture for bookings and tours:
- View Availability
- Fees and Charges
- Office Hours - Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, excluding statutory holidays.
Address: 32315 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford BC, 3rd Floor Phone: 604-859-3134