During an emergency, you may not have time to make alternative plans – that is why it is important to be prepared – have a plan and make sure all household members know what the plan is. Have emergency kits ready to go and listen to instructions.
In case of an emergency;
- Know your emergency plan
- Get your Grab and Go bag or emergency kit
- Make sure YOU are safe before assisting others
- Listen to the local radio station for information from the local authority and follow their instructions
- Contact your out-of-area contact and check-in
- Remain where you are, if safe, until you are ordered to leave or told it’s safe to leave