Information is routinely available to the public. The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) regulates what information is collected and controlled by public bodies in British Columbia and requires the City to provide at least partial access to most records with a few exceptions.
- Annual Reports
- Board of Variance agenda and minutes
- Business Licences (issued)
- City Budget
- Community Plans and Studies
- Corporate and Administrative Policies
- Council agenda and minutes (Open meetings)
- Council Committees agenda and minutes
- Property Information (Zoning, Development Applications, Taxes and Utilities)
- Staff reports to Open Council meetings
If you cannot find what you are looking for on the website, please contact us for further assistance.
Before you make a formal request for access to records, try contacting the departments that may have the information you are seeking. You will be advised whether a formal request is needed.
City of Abbotsford Department Contacts:
Abbotsford Airport 604-855-1001 Contact Page Abbotsford Police Department 604-859-5225 Contact Page Building Permits and Licences 604-864-5585 email@example.com Economic Development 604-864-5586 firstname.lastname@example.org Engineering & Regional Utilities 604-864-5514 email@example.com Finance & Corporate Services 604-864-5575 firstname.lastname@example.org Fire Rescue Services 604-853-3566 email@example.com Human Resources 604-864-5549 firstname.lastname@example.org Operations Yard (Public Works) 604-853-5485 email@example.com Parks, Recreation, & Culture 604-859-3134 firstname.lastname@example.org Planning & Development Services 604-864-5510 email@example.com
If the information you are seeking is not routinely available, a written request will be required to access the records in the City's custody and control.
- Your request for records may be subject to fees. We will provide you with an estimate prior to processing your request.
- FIPPA allows 30 business days for the City to respond to your request.
To make a formal request for records:
- Complete the Request for Access to Records (FOI) Form below; or
- Provide correspondence (letter, e-mail, etc) stating that you are making a Freedom of Information request. Please ensure you include:
- Contact information
- Detailed description of which records are being requested
- Timeline for the records you are requesting (i.e. 2014-2016)
Note: For additional information on the request process, check the links below:
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
For further information, please contact:
Information and Privacy Coordinator
5th Floor, Abbotsford City Hall
32315 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1W7