If the information you are seeking is not routinely available, a written request will be required to access the records in the City's custody and control.
- Your request for records may be subject to fees. We will provide you with an estimate prior to processing your request.
- FIPPA allows 30 business days for the City to respond to your request.
To make a formal request for records:
A formal request is intended to provide access to general records, which could be briefing notes, contracts, or records about a specific activity of a non-personal nature. A formal FOI is intended to provide access to City records rather than answers to specific questions or general information. To make a formal FOI request:
- Complete the Request for Access to Records (FOI) Form below; or
- Fill out the Request for Access to Records form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it out to the address provided below. Please ensure you include:
- Contact information
- Detailed description of which records are being requested
- Timeline for the records you are requesting (i.e. 2014-2016)
Note: For additional information on the request process, check the links below:
Depending on the size and complexity of the request, processing fees may apply. Your request will not be processed until payment is received. There are no fees for personal FOI requests.
For further information, please contact:
Legislative Services Privacy Office5th Floor, Abbotsford City Hall
32315 South Fraser Way Abbotsford, BC V2T 1W7
Tel: 604-864-5575 Fax: 604-853-1934