The City of Abbotsford is situated in the central Fraser Valley of British Columbia and covers approximately 370 squared kilometers, making it the largest municipality by area in the Lower Mainland. Abbotsford is a diverse and growing community, and has a dynamic and vibrant business community that is continuing to expand. Our temperate climate, multi-cultural city and clean environment provide a quality of life that draws skilled creative people from around the world.
According to the 2016 Census:
- Over 50 different languages are spoken in Abbotsford
- 52.8% of Abbotsford's recent immigrants spoke Punjabi most often at home
- A language other than English or French is spoken in 38% of all households
- 27.6% of Abbotsford residents were born outside of Canada
- 32.3% of recent immigrants had a bachelor's degree or higher
View the Abbotsford Local Immigration Partnership Resources for more information.