- Draft 2018-2022 Financial Plan Presentation and Public Consultation
- Budget Discussion
- Taxes/Rates for Typical Single Family Residence
- Budget Presentations
- Budget Documents
Draft 2018-2022 Financial Plan Presentation and Public Consultation
The Draft 2018-2022 Financial Plan for the City of Abbotsford is scheduled to go to the Special Council meetings on the following dates in the Matsqui Centennial Auditorium at 32315 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford, BC. The public will be given an opportunity to speak to the Draft 2018-2022 Financial Plan Bylaw at the conclusion of these meetings each day.
- November 7, 2017 - 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- 2018 Financial Plan Overview
- Financial Context (comparative statistics)
- Council & City Manager
- Finance & Corporate Services
- Innovation, Strategy & Intergovernmental Relations
- Fire Rescue
- Planning & Development
- November 8, 2017 - 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Parks, Recreation & Culture
- Engineering: Transportation/Roads, Fleet
- Buildings, Soil Removal, GIS
- November 9, 2017 - 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Solid Waste
- Financial Summary
For more information on the City’s budget process, please email the Finance Department or call 604-864-5634.
2017 Budget Discussion
All City spending is authorized by a bylaw, adopted by Council. This is legislated by the Community Charter. The Five-Year Financial Plan (or budget) bylaw provides a budgetary framework for the City to plan and manage its resources, revenues and expenditures in order to best serve the community.
The draft 2017-2021 Financial Plan was presented to Council on October 31, November 1 and 2 and was approved by Council on November 5, 2016 for three reads. These meetings can be viewed from the City’s website.
For more information on the City’s budget process please contact the Finance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-851-4191.
What is the impact of the 2016 budget on a single family taxpayer?
|Taxes - City (General) Proposal||1.28%||$27|
|Taxes - Police Proposal||0.77%||17|
|Taxes - Library Proposal||0.08%||2|
|Total Tax Increase||2.13%||$46|
|Water user fees2,4||3.75%||4|
|Sewer user fees3,4||3.75%||4|
|Solid Waste fees||0.0%||0|
|Urban Storm Drainage||0.0%||0|
|Total Increase for Typical Residence||$54|
- Total taxes and charges on a typical $429,000 single family residence in 2016=$2,781
- Effective water rate of $1.13 when utility bill is paid on time.
- Effective sewer rate of $0.96 when utility bill is paid on time.
- Increase planned in July 2017