Utility Bill Payment Options
Online from your financial institution’s website
- Go to your banking website and log in
- Find the bill payment menu and look for something similar to “add a new payee”
- Search for payee “Abbotsford” and select the “utilities” listing from the results. Note: Avoid the “tax” listing as the City of Abbotsford also offers the online payment option for property taxes.
- Locate your six digit account number on the top right corner of your utility bill and enter it into the account field
- Print or save the confirmation page or confirmation number for your records
Credit CardsCredit cards are ONLY ACCEPTED ONLINE for utility payments. Credit cards are NOT accepted at City Hall for utility payments made in person. Please note that a 1.75% service fee will be applied to all online credit card payments.
- in person at your financial institution
- telephone banking, please contact your financial institution for instructions
- by mailing a cheque payable to the City of Abbotsford
- in person at City Hall via cash, cheque or debit card
Utility Auto Debit Plan
Pay your utility bill by auto debit and never have a late payment. It’s a convenient way to take advantage of the 5% discount for on-time utility bill payments.
- Download the application form
- Download the application form in Punjabi
- Read the terms and conditions on the application
- Complete the form and return it to City Hall, via email or Canada Post
- Remember to attach or scan a void cheque to your application.
- When selling your property, you must change or cancel your Utility Auto Debit Plan.
Discount For Customers Who Pay On Time!
Customers who continue to pay their bills on or before the due date will receive a 5% discount. We appreciate your prompt payment. Late payments cost us all in lost interest and extra administrative costs.
How the Discount Works
- Water and sewer bills display amounts due before and after the due date. Water and sewer charges are calculated at the rate before the discount.
- The amount you save if you pay on time is deducted and the net total is shown.
- If your payment is made on time, our system will automatically apply the discount.
- If your payment is late, but you paid the discounted amount, a balance forward will appear on the next bill.
- Discounts apply to current charges only.