Ideas that Connect Neighbours
The City of Abbotsford has continued partnership with the Vancouver Foundation and the Abbotsford Community Foundation to launch the Neighbourhood Small Grants (NSG) program to fund small-scale projects. Applicants are encouraged to bring community projects to life, join a network of project leaders who have taken steps to improve their neighborhoods and foster connectivity and engagement.
The NSG program helps residents of any age, experience, or background take part in building and strengthening community. Grants range from $500-$1000 and are available for individuals with ideas to help connect and engage residents in their neighbourhood.
The Grant can cover basic supply costs and honorariums. The activity that is being provided must be free and inclusive. Grants are available for Abbotsford residents and students, it is not intended for businesses, associations, or non-profits.
How to Apply
Applications are now closed until 2024.
If you have an existing NSG account, please login and apply as you have done in the past. If you are a first-time applicant to the NSG program, you will need to select your community from a drop-down menu.
The Neighbourhood Small Grants have made a visible difference in communities across BC. From book exchanges, benches and community gardens, these grants are helping to build safer, more inclusive, and connected communities.
The NSG program is based on these six principles of grassroots grantmaking:
- Everyone has gifts — using an asset-based community development approach
- Small is beautiful — believing in the power of small-scale initiatives
- Local decisions are best — supporting local leadership
- Where we live matters — maintaining a local, place-based approach
- We learn together — foster skill-building and knowledge exchange
- Everyone is invited — create accessibility and inclusion