UDistrict Neighbourhood Plan
- Neighbourhood Plans
- UDistrict Neighbourhood Plan
- Stage 1 - Gettting Started
- Stage 2 - Choices and Directions
- Stage 3 - Draft Plan
- Stage 4 - Final Plan
- Additional Information & Notices
Neighbourhood Plans (NP’s) are planning documents created to guide development for specific areas of the city that is either intended to create a new neighbourhood or accommodate redevelopment. These documents provide guidance to City staff, the public, and land owners on what the land can be used for and how it will be serviced. The plan must conform to the City of Abbotsford’s Official Community Plan (OCP).
In 2011-2012, City of Abbotsford residents, students, faculty, and many others came together to imagine what the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) Abbotsford campus and the surrounding neighbourhood would become in the next 30 years. This vision saw UFV continuing to grow and expand a campus that is integrated with the neighbourhood. The surrounding area is envisioned to become a mixed-use, vibrant community that is walkable with numerous amenities. The City of Abbotsford is working together with UFV on a planning process to achieve this vision: the UDistrict Neighbourhood Plan.
The UDistrict Neighbourhood Plan will help guide the future development of this area. It will outline the proposed land uses, densities, built form guidelines, public spaces, multi-modal transportation network, and servicing / green infrastructure strategies. The 2009 UFV Abbotsford Campus Master Plan, which directs the development of the Abbotsford campus, will be updated at the same time to ensure that both plans work together to further enhance this neighbourhood. There will be opportunities for public consultation throughout the project.
- 2009 UFV Abbotsford Campus Master Plan - pdf format
- 2012 UDistrict Vision – pdf format
- 2012 UDistrict Vision – electronic format
Visit the UDistrict website for more information and updates.
- Background Report - pdf format
- Background Report - Executive Summary - pdf format
- Key Findings - pdf format
- April 8 Presentation Boards - pdf format
- Draft Plan Presentation - pdf format
- UDistrict Draft Plan - pdf format
- UDistrict Display Boards - 2018 02 17
Stage 3 community engagement has now concluded. Staff will use the input received to make refinements to the draft plan.
Stage 4 will commence with the refined draft plan being shared with stakeholders to gather final comments and feedback, and ensure the plan reflects the broader input received throughout the entire plan process.
Once final comments are received, the plan will be updated and the Final Plan will be presented to Council and a public hearing and bylaw adoption process will take place.
- UDistrict Vision Document - pdf format
- UDistrict Vision Document - electronic copy
- UDistrict Neighbourhood Plan Scope of Services
- UFV Campus Master Plan Scope of Services
Senior Planner, Planning & Development Services