- Working at the City
- External Job Postings
- Internal Job Postings
- Firefighter Recruitment
- Police Officer Recruitment
- Frequently Asked Questions
At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. Key to our ongoing success is providing an environment that is inclusive and maximizes the diverse talents, backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, where every member of our team feels valued, respected and empowered. We offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our organization is currently growing and evolving in a dynamic way. Our City Council has adopted a new, leading edge Official Community Plan, and a forwarding thinking and ambitious Strategic Plan that provide us with a blueprint for our community’s ongoing growth and prosperity. Abbotsford is an exciting and forward thinking place to be right now.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
- A Variety of Occupations
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Healthy Work/Life Balance
- Dedicated Staff: the opportunity to work with great people in a supportive and fun environment while providing quality service to the community
- Development: the opportunity for advancement and professional development, including an excellent leadership and development program where courses are regularly offered in-house and off-site
- Wellness: a great work environment with excellent recreational facilities and beautiful walking trails and an opportunity for employees to participate in our FITT4U fitness pass program
- Employee Assistance Program: a comprehensive program with a variety of services available to employees and their immediate family members, including career counselling, life coaching, child/eldercare consultation, and work/life balance support
- Community Involvement: make a difference within the community through your work and volunteer opportunities.
We’re not your typical municipality. We value progress, customer service, integrity and have a unique ability to provide innovative solutions.
If you want to make a difference at the City of Abbotsford, view our current job postings below.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of City Manager. View details here.
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to. The instructions are displayed after selecting Apply. If you need assistance after reviewing the instructions please contact us at 604-864-5549, and we will be pleased to help you.
*If you are a current City of Abbotsford employee and want to browse our internal job postings click here.
Applications for internal job postings are open only to current City of Abbotsford employees.