Warm Weather Safety Tips
View the alerts and special weather statements issued by the Government of Canada, Province of BC health alerts and Fraser Health Summer Health News & Air Quality recommendations for staying healthy during hot weather.
- Environment Canada - Metro Vancouver Weather Alerts
- Special Weather Statements
- Province of British Columbia Public Health Alerts
- Fraser Health - Summer Health
- Fraser Health - Air Quality
- Top 6 Tips for Staying Cool! - pdf format
- British Columbia Lung Association - Wildfires: What You Should Know
Hot weather can be a safety concern. Make sure you’re prepared and play it smart and safe when the temperatures soar. More information is available on the the Fraser Health website
- Drink plenty of cool water! Drink before you become thirsty especially if you are sweating!
- Wear a hat! Use sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher and apply every hour or after you get wet.
- Leave your pet at home! Don’t leave your pet locked inside your vehicle, provide them with lots of shade and fresh water. Take care when walking them on hot cement.
- Elderly people should take extra care. Check on your neighbours and friends.
- Stay indoors where it’s cool (malls, recreation centres, libraries). Schedule activities for early morning or late evening when it’s cooler.
- Avoid strenuous activity during the hottest parts of the day, find some shade or cool places to play.