Dog Off Leash
What is a Dog Off-leash Area?
A dog off-leash area is a place where pet owners can take their dogs to run free without a leash. Off leash does not mean “out of control” and only applies to the specific, designated area. Pet owners must ensure that their dogs are controlled and not violent or aggressive. Pet owners must also be on-site for the duration of the visit and abide by the off-leash area etiquette.
- Please obey all park rules and relevant parking requirements
- Please avoid parking along residential roads and utilize the parking lots instead.
- Dogs must be licensed.
- Properly clean-up and dispose of your dog’s feces.
- Handlers must have a leash with them for each dog.
- Dogs must be under the control of and within sight of their handlers at all times.
- Owners are personally liable for any damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
- Please ensure that all dogs are leashed before leaving the off-leash area.
- Dogs must be leashed in all parks, except within designated off-leash areas. We hope you enjoy the dog off-leash areas and have fun with your dogs.
Dog Off-Leash Locations
Abbotsford currently provides 4 dog off-leash areas within its municipal park system. These are located at:
- Gladwin Park Google Map
- Bateman Park / Stoney Creek Google Map
- McKay Creek Park / Sumas Dyke Google Map
- Clearbrook Park Google Map