Potential Canada Post Service Disruption
As early as Monday, October 22, 2018, mail delivery may be interrupted or delayed by a possible labour disruption at Canada Post. This potential service disruption will impact you if you are expecting a utility bill or planning to make a payment to the City by mail.
The City of Abbotsford offers a variety of services online for your convenience, including making bill payments. Visit our I Want To Portal to view our available online services. For the latest update on the Canada Post work disruption please visit the Canada Post website.
October 2018 Quarterly Sewer Bills
- The payment due date is November 19, 2018.
November 2018 Statement of Outstanding Taxes
- Property taxes were due July 3, 2018. A 10% penalty has not been applied to outstanding current year tax balances.
- Unpaid current year tax balances as of December 31, 2018 will be rolled to taxes in arrears and subject to daily interest charges.
- Login to your MyCity account. If you do not have a MyCity account, you can sign up for free. You will need to register your utility and/or tax accounts by picking the account type and entering the account number and access code.
- Pay Online – From your financial institution’s website select “add new payee” and search “Abbotsford”.
- To pay utilities select payee with “utilities” and use the 6-digit utility account number on your utility bill as the account number.
- To pay property taxes, select payee with “taxes” and use the 10-digit folio number on your tax notice as the account number.
- Pay in person – Abbotsford City Hall, 32315 South Fraser Way, 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday. Visit City Hall to learn your bill balance and pay with cash, cheque or Interac or use the 24 hr drop box located on the south side of the building entrance.
- Direct Deposit – Vendors can sign up for our direct deposit program and have your payment directly deposited into your account. Visit www.abbotsford.ca/APSS to register.
- In Person – If you are a vendor expecting a payment by cheque, you can pick up your cheque at City Hall by making pre-arrangements with Accounts Payable at firstname.lastname@example.org.