Potential Canada Post Service Disruption
At the end of September 2018, mail delivery may be interrupted or delayed by a possible labour disruption at Canada Post. This potential service disruption will impact you if you are expecting a utility bill or planning to make a payment to the City by mail.
The City of Abbotsford offers a variety of services online for your convenience, including making bill payments. Visit our I Want To Portal to view our available online services. For the latest update on the Canada Post work disruption please visit the Canada Post website.
September 2018 Utility Bills
- The payment due date is October 23, 2018.
To View your Bills Online
- Login to your MyCity account. If you do not have a MyCity account, you can sign up for free. You will need your utility account number and access code found on your utility bill.
- Pay Online – From your financial institution’s website select “add new payee” and search “Abbotsford”. Select payee with “utilities”. Use the 6-digit utility account number on your utility bill as the account number.
- Pay in person – Abbotsford City Hall, 32315 South Fraser Way, 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday. Visit City Hall to learn your bill balance and pay with cash, cheque or Interac or use the 24 hr drop box located on the south side of the building entrance.
- Direct Deposit – Vendors can sign up for our direct deposit program and have your payment directly deposited into your account. Visit www.abbotsford.ca/APSS to register.
- In Person – If you are a vendor expecting a payment by cheque, you can pick up your cheque at City Hall by making pre-arrangements with Accounts Payable at email@example.com.