Blue Jay Street Widening
The proposed widening of Blue Jay Street, from Maclure Road to Cardinal Avenue, will improve vehicle movement and aligns with the City's strategic goal to enhance the community transportation system. The project is part of the City's 2018 Capital Plan and will include:
- upgrading two existing traffic signals;
- installing new curb, gutter and sidewalk on both sides of Blue Jay Street;
- constructing two, double left turn lanes on Blue Jay Street to accommodate high volume left turn movements from Blue Jay Street to Maclure Road and Blue Jay Street to Cardinal Avenue;
- curb widening on north west quadrant of the Blue Jay Street/ Cardinal Avenue intersection;
- maintaining a through lane with cycle shoulder in both directions; and
- widening the Blue Jay Street /Maclure Road intersection - westbound approach to include a right turn lane with new curb, gutter and sidewalk (to be constructed in 2019).
The 2018 works are scheduled to be constructed from mid-June 2018 to mid-August 2018 (the Maclure Road widening portion excluded).
There was a Public Information Meeting held on March 28, 2018 at the Matsqui Centennial Auditorium to inform the community, local area residents and property and business owners of the works associated with the project.
For more information:
Jan Loots, Manager of Projects