Marshall Road Connector (formally King Road)
The City of Abbotsford approved, in principle, a new road alignment to connect King Road, at Bradner Road, with Mt. Lehman Road at Marshall Road. The project was originally referred to as the King Road Connector project, but has been updated to better reflect the key transportation route on Marshall Road.
This road will provide an important transportation connection between Abbotsford and Langley/Surrey through the 16th Avenue corridor. and will reduce traffic volume on Fraser Highway. Construction is anticipated to start in summer 2018 and be completed by summer 2020.
The project cost to the City is estimated at $9.1M.
- Increased productivity for Industrial, Farming, Gravel extraction/remediation and Airport related activities.
- Reduced travel times.
- Help with the movement of people, goods and services across the region.
- Connection to Highways 99, 15 and 13.
- Direct link to three US Border crossings, Vancouver and Abbotsford Airports.
- Supports economic vitality.
For more information:
Jan Loots, Manager of Projects