Blue Jay Street Widening
The widening of Blue Jay Street, from Maclure Road to Cardinal Avenue, will improve vehicle movement and aligns with the City’s strategic goal to enhance the community transportation system.
The project is part of the City’s 2018 Capital Plan and includes:
- upgrading two existing traffic signals;
- installing new curb, gutter and sidewalks on both sides of Blue Jay Street;
- constructing two, double left turn lanes on Blue Jay Street to accommodate high volume left turn movements from Blue Jay Street to Maclure Road and Blue Jay Street to Cardinal Avenue;
- curb widening on northwest quadrant of the Blue Jay Street/ Cardinal Avenue intersection;
- widening the Blue Jay Street /Maclure Road intersection - Maclure Road westbound approach to include a right turn lane with new curb, gutter and sidewalk; and
- off street parking at Cardinal Avenue.
Construction started April 2019 and will be completed by the end of 2019. Eurovia BC Ltd. is the contractor completing the works.
For more information:
Graeme McAllister, Project Engineer