The City of Abbotsford values and supports employees on their career development and life-long learning goals. We also offer our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package.
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- extended health
- dental coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Generous vacation time
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Great events and discounted tickets provided by the Abbotsford Employees Group (AEG)
- Reserved carpool parking spots
Training and Development
The City of Abbotsford believes in an involved, safe and engaged workforce. Therefore a continuous improvement approach to employee development is critical to Abbotsford’s success and to the personal success of each employee. Delivering efficient and effective City services and programs is dependent on our individual and collective commitment to continual learning.
By investing in employees the City will:
- Enhance and retain a skilled and knowledgeable workforce qualified for future vacancies
- Increase the breadth and depth of current job competencies
- Increase productivity, job satisfaction, morale and motivation
- Attract skilled, experienced and knowledgeable talent
- Increase resilience when faced with organizational change
The City provides opportunities that support learning for employees through our annual corporate training calendar, departmental training and professional development.