- How do I apply for a position with the City of Abbotsford?
- Does the City accept email applications?
- Who should I address my cover letter to?
- What is the hiring process?
- How can I find out about the status of the position I applied for?
- Does the City accept general resumes and how long do they stay on file?
- Does the City offer volunteer opportunities?
- I am a student looking for spring/summer work. Does the City hire students during this time?
- Does the City require potential candidates to go through a criminal record search?
- Does the City accept resumes for firefighter positions?
- Does the City accept resumes for Police Officer positions?
- How do I find out the salary/wage for a position?
- Who do I contact for more information
The City of Abbotsford thanks all applicants for their interest in career opportunities with us; however only those considered for the position will be contacted.
The City uses an online application system that is simple and easy to use! We accept applications exclusively through our online system.
A number of individuals are involved in each recruitment process so we ask that you address your cover letter to: Human Resources.
After a career opportunity closes, candidate applications are viewed to determine those that meet the knowledge, skills, abilities and experience indicated on the postings. Those who most closely match the requirements in the posting are short listed. Shortlisted candidates are contacted by telephone or email to participate in the hiring process.
The City of Abbotsford thanks all applicants for their interest in career opportunities with us; due to the high volume of applicants only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Once a career opportunity has closed, Human Resources will update the stage for each posting as we progress through the hiring process.
Please check back under the job postings to see the status on a posting.
We do not accept general resumes. If you are interested in one of our career opportunities please apply to a specific advertised posting here.
The City of Abbotsford offers a wide variety of volunteering opportunities for the public to contribute to the community. For more information about how you can get involved, please visit the Volunteer Opportunities section of our website.
We have seasonal job opportunities in the spring and/or summer that are ideal for students. Opportunities for spring/summer work may be advertised on our website as early as February. To ensure you are informed of all advertised opportunities, we suggest you frequently visit the job opportunity section of our website.
As part of our recruitment process, various positions within the City require a satisfactory criminal record search prior to an offer of employment being made.
Applications are accepted when an active career or auxiliary firefighter’s recruitment is in progress. For firefighter application forms and further information about becoming a firefighter please visit the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service recruitment section of the City’s website.
For information about becoming a Police Officer please visit the Abbotsford Police Department's website.
Wages for unionized positions are in accordance with the collective agreement. Compensation for exempt positions is extremely competitive and commensurate with experience.