2018 General Local Election
- Important Dates
- Candidate Information
- Are You On the Voters List?
- Resources and Links
- Contact Information
The next General Local Election will take place on Saturday, October 20, 2018. Join your community in electing one Mayor, eight Councillors and seven School Trustees for Abbotsford School District #34.
| Election Period
|| January 1, 2018 to September 21, 2018
| Nomination Period
|| September 4, 2018 to September 14, 2018
| Campaign Period
|| September 22, 2018 to October 20, 2018
| General Voting Day
|| October 20, 2018
| Financial Disclosure Statement Deadline
|| January 18, 2019
Thinking of Running for Local Office?
The Province of British Columbia has released a set of resources for anyone considering running in the 2018 General Local Election, including a series of videos with a number of local elected officials discussing their roles and responsibilities. Please visit the Provincial website for more information.
To run in the election you must:
- be 18 years of age or older on General Voting Day;
- be a Canadian citizen;
- have lived in BC for at least 6 months immediately before the day nomination papers are filed; and
- not be disqualified by law from being nominated, elected, or holding office.
For more information, please refer to the Province of BC's Candidate's Guide to Local Elections 2018
The City uses the Provincial List of Electors to conduct its elections. If you are new to Abbotsford, or have recently moved or changed your name, you can register or update your information on the Elections BC Online Voter Registration website.
- Province of BC General Local Election information
- Province of BC "Thinking of Running for Local Office?"
- Elections BC General Local Elections
- 2014 Election Results
For more information, contact:
City of Abbotsford Election Office
Tel: 604-851-VOTE (8683)