The Marshall Road Connector project includes a new road alignment to connect King Road, at Bradner Road, with Mt. Lehman Road at Marshall Road, as well as a realignment of Ross Road. This road will provide an important transportation connection between Abbotsford and Langley/Surrey through the 16th Avenue corridor and will reduce traffic volume on Fraser Highway.
Construction started in summer 2018 and the road was opened in October 2022. Following the opening, some settlement led to dips in the road that required further assessment and work. On November 9, 2022, out of an abundance of caution, the City closed a portion of the Marshall Road Connector (on King Road from Ross Road to east of the gravel operations near Bradner Road) until repairs could be made to ensure the ongoing safety of drivers utilizing this road. This work is underway and the road is expected to reopen by the end of 2023.
- Increased productivity for Industrial, Farming, Gravel extraction/remediation and Airport related activities.
- Reduced travel times.
- Help with the movement of people, goods and services across the region.
- Connection to Highways 99, 15 and 13.
- Direct link to three US Border crossings, Vancouver and Abbotsford Airports.
- Supports economic vitality.
Nathan Koning Director, Projects & Development Engineering 604-557-1465 E: firstname.lastname@example.org