The widening of Blue Jay Street, from Maclure Road to Cardinal Avenue, improved vehicle movement and aligns with the City’s strategic goal to enhance the community transportation system.
The project included:
- upgrading two existing traffic signals;
- installing new curbs, gutter and sidewalks on both sides of Blue Jay Street;
- constructing two, double left turn lanes on Blue Jay Street to accommodate high volume left turn movements from Blue Jay Street to Maclure Road and Blue Jay Street to Cardinal Avenue;
- curb widening on northwest quadrant of the Blue Jay Street/ Cardinal Avenue intersection;
- widening the Blue Jay Street /Maclure Road intersection - Maclure Road westbound approach to include a right turn lane with new curb, gutter and sidewalk; and
- adding off street parking at Cardinal Avenue.
Construction started April 2019 and was completed by the end of 2019.