New Website Accessibility and Translation Tools
The new City of Abbotsford website is customer-focused, clear, and easy to use. It features an improved layout, responsive design that works on all mobile devices, and accessibility features, including the latest translation software offering up to 99 different languages, to ensure that all City information is current and accessible to everyone.
To use the accessibility features, click on the Accessibility icon above in the top menu bar, then click on Speak. A new toolbar will open at the top of your browser with many tools and functions:
- Hover to Speak - reads any text out loud when you hover over it
- Translate - into 99 languages
- MP3 Maker - converts online content in audio
- Screen Mask - focuses on reading one passage at a time
- Play - reads text out loud when you select a specific page/paragraph