- Business, Innovation and Public Affairs Advisory Committee, Chair
- Fraser Basin Council
- Fraser Valley Regional District Board
- Fraser Valley Regional District Hospital Board
- Vice Chair, Fraser Valley Aboriginal Relations Committee
- Metro Vancouver, Aboriginal Relations Committee
Owner of Tanglebank Gardens since 1996 and Brambles Bistro since 2012, Brenda is a farmer, entrepreneur and business woman. Brenda was born in Port Alberni B.C. and has lived in Abbotsford since 1973.
Brenda has always been active in the community, especially in the areas of business and agriculture. She has spent the last 20 years developing and teaching water-wise gardening practices and sustainability in farming. Brenda is a champion of Abbotsford’s involvement in the Communities in Bloom Competition as it helps to create a safer, more engaged community while encouraging environmental responsibility.
Brenda studied Fashion Design at the University of the Fraser Valley and Horticulture and Landscape Design at Kwantlen Polytechnic University. She has spent many years as a mentor and leader in women’s ministry in her church and has taught in the Intern Program for young adults as well.
Brenda has been married to Arnold Falk for 30 years, and together they have four adult children, two sons-in-law, two daughters-in-law and six beautiful grandchildren.
Brenda enjoys reading, gardening and spending time with her family and friends.
Co-creator of the Regional ‘Circle Farm Tour’ and creator of the ‘Passport to Christmas’, bringing awareness of small businesses and local entrepreneurship and building social connections.
Committees and Community Groups
Prior to serving on Council, Brenda was a member of the Agricultural Advisory Committee, the Economic Advisory Committee and the Mayor’s Task force for Economic Development. She is also a member of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) and has been actively involved in the B.C. Nursery and Landscape Association.
Awards and Accomplishments
- Paul Harris Fellow Award (2016)
- Tourism Excellence Award (2007)
- Business Excellence Award for Tourism, Recreation and Leisure (2005)
- Business Excellence Award in Agriculture (2000)