As the population of Abbotsford and Mission grow, we are working to ensure our regional wastewater system and infrastructure meet the needs of our growing populations.
The Abbotsford Mission Water & Sewer Commission (AMWSC) treats municipal wastewater from the Abbotsford, Mission, as well Sumas, WA at the Joint Abbotsford Mission Environmental System (JAMES) Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP). The WWTP provides secondary treatment to the wastewater and the effluent is discharged into the Fraser River. The equivalent service population in 2015 was approximately 240,000.
The Final Master Plan was adopted by City Council on June 11, 2018.
- 2018-04-24 - Joint Wastewater - Open House Information Boards
- 2018-04-19 - Joint Wastewater Master Plan - Stage 4 JSSC 028-2018
- 2018-05-17 - Joint Wastewater Master Plan - Stage 4 Presentation
- 2018-06-11 - Joint Sewer - Stage 4 -Executive Committee Presentation
- 2018-06-11 - Joint Wastewater Master Plan Technical Report