Land Use Information Letters
- What is a Land Use Information Letter?
- How do I submit a request for a Land Use Information Letter?
- How much does a Land Use Information Letter cost?
- How long will it take for my request to be completed?
- Where can I find other related information?
- Online Application
Land Use Information Letters, also known as Comfort Letters, provide information on the current zoning, building permits records, business licence records etc. They are most commonly requested by Law firms wanting to know the current status of a property before the finalization of a property sale. They do not include information from the Fire Department or Fraser Health Authority. Separate requests must be made to these organizations.
Payment can be submited by cheque (Payable to: City of Abbotsford). Please include the File Reference Number on the cheque and mail to:
Attn: Planning Services (2nd Floor)
32315 South Fraser Way,
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1W7
Payment can also be submitted by credit card via phone (604-864-5510). Please indicate you are paying for a 'Land Use Information Letter' and provide your File Reference Number.
- RS, RR, CR, SR and A Zones: $130 per PID (PID example: 018-129-315)
- All others Zones: $350 per PID (i.e. multi-family, commercial, industrial, institutional)
- Strata properties pay per parent parcel, not per strata unit.
Allow up to 10 working days, per property, from receipt of payment to process the request. Note: requests cannot be processed until payment has been received.
Where can I find other related information?
The Planning Services Division cannot provide the following information but suggest that you contact these Departments and Agencies to assist you with further inquiries. For information regarding:
- Building approval and occupancy should be directed to the City of Abbotsford Building Department at email@example.com or 604-864-5525
- Fire approval should be directed to the City of Abbotsford Fire and Rescue Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-853-3566
- Any infractions and investigations, including those under the City of Abbotsford Controlled Substance Property Bylaw, may require a Freedom of Information request and should be directed to the Information and Privacy Coordinator, Legislative Services Division, at email@example.com or 604-864-5575
- Either details or confirmation of any charges (such as Restrictive Covenant, Statutory Rights-of-way, Covenants, Easements, etc.) registered against a property should be directed to the Land Titles Office www.ltsa.ca or 1-877-577-5872
- Health regulations including on-site septic and private wells should be directed to Fraser Health at 1-877-935-5669 or 604-587-4600 or Ministry of Health at 1-800-663-7867 or EnquiryBC@gov.bc.ca
- Site contamination, non-compliance with laws and regulations governing environmental matter, should be directed to the Ministry of Environment at EnquiryBC@gov.bc.ca or 1-800-663-7867
- Electrical safety should be directed to the Technical Safety BC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-566-7233