City Of Abbotsford  
Construction 3

Land Use Information Letters

What is a Land Use Information Letter?

Land Use Information Letters, also known as Comfort Letters, provide information on the current zoning, building permits records, business licence records etc. They are most commonly requested by Law firms wanting to know the current status of a property before the finalization of a property sale. They do not include information from the Fire Department or Fraser Health Authority.  Separate requests must be made to these organizations.

Back to top

How do I submit a request for a Land Use Information Letter?

Complete the Online Application below to submit a request for Land Use Information Letter, or if you would prefer a paper application email us at

Payment can be submited by cheque (Payable to: City of Abbotsford).  Please include the File Reference Number on the cheque and mail to:

Attn: Planning Services (2nd Floor)
32315 South Fraser Way,
Abbotsford, BC  V2T 1W7

Payment can also be submitted by credit card via phone (604-864-5510).  Please indicate you are paying for a 'Land Use Information Letter' and provide your File Reference Number.

Back to top

How much does a Land Use Information Letter cost?

  • RS, RR, CR, SR and A Zones: $130 per PID (PID example: 018-129-315)
  • All others Zones: $350 per PID  (i.e. multi-family, commercial, industrial, institutional)
  • Strata properties pay per parent parcel, not per strata unit.

Back to top

How long will it take for my request to be completed?

Allow up to 10 working days, per property, from receipt of payment to process the request. Note:  requests cannot be processed until payment has been received.

Back to top

Where can I find other related information?

The Planning Services Division cannot provide the following information but suggest that you contact these Departments and Agencies to assist you with further inquiries.  For information regarding:

Back to top

Online Application


Back to top