2018 BC Building Code Updates
The 2018 British Columbia Building Code came into effect on December 10, 2018.
The new 2018 BC Building Code, BC Plumbing Code and BC Fire Code bring a number of changes for new construction and building alterations, as well as fire safety in new and existing buildings.
Some of the changes include:
- Increase in Minimum Run dimension for Private (Single family dwelling) stairs;
- Sound transmission requirements Part 5 and Part 9;
- The method for determining run for winders and tapered treads has changed;
- New requirements for installing “Exterior Insulation Finish Systems”; and
- New requirements for the use of foamed plastic insulation for heating ducts.
View the 2018 Edition of the British Columbia Building Code information bulletin.