Proof of Vaccination Starts Monday September 13
In accordance with the provincial health order regarding proof of vaccination, starting Monday, September 13 at 6am Abbotsford Recreation facilities will start verifying proof of vaccination for select programs and areas. If required, patrons may bring in their a) BC Vaccine Card (Print or Digital) or b) Printed Immunization Record (until September 26 only) and matching government issued Photo ID to verify proof of vaccination.
If required, patrons must show proof that they are partially vaccinated with one dose until October 23rd and show proof of being fully vaccinated beginning October 24th.
Front entrance staff will conduct the verification at the entrance of our facilities. Please arrive a few minutes early for your program start time with your vaccine card and government issued photo id ready. Please have patience as we work through implementing the verification process.
Proof of Vaccination Information
Current Available City Recreation Services
Existing mask requirements are still in effect and are required to be worn by all patrons over the age of 12 who enter our recreation facilities.
- Masks may be removed temporarily in our facilities to participate in a sport or fitness activity in a sport facility.
- Masks should be worn In all common areas and in between physical activity. It should also be worn during all activities or programs that are not considered sport or fitness activities including for spectators.
- Proof of vaccination is required at all Abbotsford Recreation facilities starting September 13, 2021
- Masks are mandatory in public indoor spaces for all people 12 years and older
- Physical Distancing is no longer required
- Daily health questionnaires are no longer required
- Spectators are permitted however they are limited to 50 people or 50% of the capacity of the space
- Room Bookings are available to be booked, however they are limited to 50 people or 50% of the capacity of the space
- Swim lessons will not require adult participation in the Fall for any Preschool levels above Salamander and for Swim Kids 1-10
- Washrooms open for access to the general public
- Showers are open for regular use
- Water fountains are open for regular use
- ARC Underground Parkade remains closed
- Vending Machines are available for use
- Cash payments are available
- All program capacities and programs are continuing to be assessed on a regular basis and being adjusted based on several factors
- Drop-ins are welcome if space is available in the program
- Pre-registration continues be an option to register
- MRC Steam Room is open (maximum 4 people for 15 minutes at a time)
- ARC/MRC Saunas are open (maximum of 4 people for 15 minutes at a time)
- Public swims have been increased to 80 people
- Tots pool and hot tub capacities have returned to normal
- MRC tots pool 30
- ARC tots pool 25
- MRC / ARC hot tubs 15
- Doubles racket sports are now permitted
- All strength and cardio machines available for use
- Increased capacity of patrons per session (currently 50)