No person may sell, give or trade, possess and/or discharge fireworks within the City of Abbotsford boundaries as per the City of Abbotsford Fireworks Bylaw No 1439-2005.
Permits will only be issued to certified Technicians who meet the requirements outlined in the City of Abbotsford Fireworks Bylaw No 1439-2005.
- Permit To Discharge Fireworks (Pyrotechnic & Special Effects)
- Application is made at least 14 days prior to the date of the event.
- Proof of a valid Fireworks Supervisor's Certificate.
- Provide a site plan with safety measures identified for the event.
- Accompany Fire Rescue Service Staff on an initial site inspection.
- Applicant will have at least one adult equipped with a portable fire Extinguisher (minimum rating of 2A10BC).
- Applicant will not set off the fireworks within 50 meters (150 feet) of anything flammable.
- Letter of approval for property use received.
- Applicant agrees to indemnify and save harmless the City of Abbotsford, Or the Abbotsford Recreation Commission, and their employees from all claims, Liabilities, judgments and expenses of any kind, incidental to the granting of this permit.
- Applicant accepts full responsibility to supervise as necessary to carry out this event in compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and product instructions, to a safe and harmless conclusion to all participants, spectators and adjacent properties.
- Permit Fee of $50 CDN paid in full.
- Site Inspection Fee of $100 CDN paid in full
- Security deposit of $1,000 CDN in the form of a cash deposit, Irrevocable letter of credit or other form of acceptable security.
- $5,000,000 CDN liability insurance in the name of the applicant and the City of Abbotsford.
For more information or to obtain a permit contact the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service, Fire Prevention Division at 604-853-3566.
Back to top
Occupant Load Sign
In assembly occupancies with occupant loads exceeding 60 persons. Signs required by the British Columbia Fire Code to indicate the occupant load shall be posted in conspicuous locations near the principal entrances to the room or floor area.
For more information or to obtain an occupant load sign contact the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service, Fire Prevention Division at 604-853-3566.
Fee: $25 CND plus applicable taxes
Back to top
Special Events Approval - Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service Requirements
Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service is committed to promoting public safety at special events and encourages organizers, sponsors and vendors to be familiar with fire and life-safety practices and procedures.
Event organizers that are using any City of Abbotsford Parks, Recreation & Culture facility must ensure they have all their required event permits in place, prior to holding the event; including approval by Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service, appropriate City departments and Fraser Health.
The event organizer must supply each vendor with the information required for loading in and out of the event. The event organizer is also responsible for maintaining compliance of fire and safety codes by onsite vendors.
Event organizers need to complete the Special Event Approval Application from Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service and bring it into Fire Hall 1 for endorsement by the Fire Prevention Division at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the event. The application must be brought in person. Faxed applications are not accepted.
- Vendors will comply with all fire and safety regulations at all times while participating in special events. They should be ready for a fire inspection one hour before the start of event or at any time throughout the duration of the event.
- Vendors will work with the event organizer to comply with rules for loading in and out of the event.
- Fire lanes must be kept clear at all times.
- Food vendors must familiarize themselves with the regulations.
- Contact the Fire Prevention Division for any clarification of these responsibilities.
Back to top