An enjoyable way to have a family or friend get-together, club meeting, company picnic, celebrate a birthday, or have a sports team wind-up party! The Parks, Recreation & Culture Department also has sports equipment available for rent.
- First Come, First Serve - From November 1 to March 31, all shelters are on a first-come/first-serve basis.
- Reservations are available at most picnic shelters from April 1 - October 31. Please see the chart below for details.
- By Phone: Contact Parks, Recreation & Culture at 604-859-3134
- Online: Complete the online request form. *Please note that requests are not final until verified by Parks, Recreation & Culture staff. The request form below is only a request, and does not guarantee the shelter will be available.*
Washrooms, Amenities and Gates
Online Picnic Shelter Request Form
- Water and power amenities are seasonal. Please see the chart below for washroom and power supply information.
- Washroom facilities are seasonal. Octagon washrooms by Mill Lake ball diamond will be open as long as weather permits.
- BBQ stands provided are for briquettes only; open fire burning is prohibited.
- All parks are closed daily by security staff. No overnight use is permitted.
- Park gates open one hour before sunrise and close one hour after sunset year-round. The gate at Hazelwood Cemetery is open daily, during daylight hours only.