Infant fire safety is one of the most important things to think about as a parent. Know what to do to keep your child safe.
Baby Proofing Steps:
- Do Basic Home Safety.
- Secure your Fireplace.
- Use Safety Gates.
- Use Door Locks.
- Make your Windows Safe.
- Take a Special Look at Kitchens and Baths.
- Everyday Cleaners and Chemicals.
- Baby proofing is extremely important, but remember, nothing takes the place of adult supervision.
Fire Safety Education for Babysitters
When you are babysitting, keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Discuss the family’s fire escape plan before the parents leave.
- Ask the parents if the house has a working smoke alarms.
- If a fire occurs
- If you smell smoke, hear a smoke alarm or see flames, get yourself and the children out. remember the rule...get out and stay out!
- Take the children to a neighbour’s house and call 9-1-1 from there.
- Call the parents.
- Do not go back inside the home for any reason.