The Fire Prevention Division of the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service is available upon request to give fire safety presentations. Requests typically come from businesses, professional groups, health care facilities, educational institutes and other civic organizations. Topics presented are tailored to the audience and any special requests from the organization. Depending on the group or organization, topics might include:
- What is Fire? (Fire Tetrahedron)
- Four Points of Fire (Black, Gases & Smoke, Heat, Time)
- Firefighter Role
- Leading Causes of Fire in our Community & Prevention
- Smoke Detectors, Alarm & Suppression Systems
- Fire Extinguishers
- Evacuation Plans
- Fire Safety in the Workplace
- Hotel/Motel Safety
- Health Care Facility Safety
Presentations must be booked a minimum of 6 weeks in advance. To schedule a Fire Safety presentation, complete the Online Request Form.
For any questions or concerns contact Fire Prevention Division of the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service at 604-853-3566 or email Public Education Officer.
Cancellation of Presentation
- Presentations are subject to cancellation if an emergency should occur. The Fire Prevention Division will reschedule.
- If you need to cancel a scheduled tour, the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service requires at least 48 hours cancellation notice.