“Helping heal hearts, bodies and souls”
The Abbotsford Fire Fighters Burn Fund is a non-profit organization comprised of career and auxiliary fire fighters from the City of Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service. These dedicated professionals volunteer their time to raise awareness and funding for burn prevention and treatment.
The organizational structure consists of a chairperson, treasurer, secretary and 10 directors. This committee organizes the fund raising activities and the allocation of funds.
This is a unique organization as it’s main focus is local burn awareness, care and treatment. The majority of funding remains in our city. The BURN FUND also supports the B.C. Professional Fire fighters Burn Fund in province wide initiatives such as Burn Awareness Week and raising funds for the Vancouver Hospital Burn Unit.
- Develop educational materials that teach people how to prevent injuries and be safe at home.
- Fund research for advancing burn care treatments.
- Sponsor survivors support programs, networking conferences and school re-entry programs.
- Protect first responders from burn injury or death.
Helping Our Community
- Donations to the MSA Hospital (Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre) for the purchase of specialized equipment.
- Purchase of burn garments (Jobst Garments) for local burn survivors.
- Sponsorship of the Juvenile Firesetter Conference.
- Support of the B.C. Professional Fire fighters Burn Camp for young burn survivors.
How You Can Help
Collecting funds for the care and treatment of burn survivors. These programs are solely funded through the generous contributions received from fire fighters, concerned citizens, organizations and businesses.
Annual Fundraising Events
To make a donation or for more information please contact the Abbotsford Fire Fighters Burn Fund c/o the City of Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service.
Thank you for support!