In accordance with the Community Charter, an Annual Municipal Report must be prepared and made available to the public before June 30th each year. The report provides information on the City's financial position and results of operations, and must include the following information:
- the audited financial statements for the previous year;
- for each permissive tax exemption provided, the amount of property taxes that would have been imposed on the property in the previous year, if it were not exempt for that year;
- a report respecting municipal services and operations for the previous year;
- a progress report respecting the previous year in relation to the objectives and measures established for that year;
- if applicable, any declarations of disqualification in the previous year, including identification of the Council member or former Council member involved, and the nature of the disqualification;
- a statement of municipal objectives, and the measures that will be used to determine progress respecting those objectives, for the current and next year;
- any other information Council considers advisable.
Click here to view the 2011 Annual Municipal Report
Click here to view the 2010 Annual Municipal Report
Click here to view the 2009 Annual Municipal Report
Note: The City's Annual Report for the years 1997 through 2009 received the Canadian Award for Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association
. The award recognizes excellence in governmental accounting and financial reporting, and represents a significant accomplishment by the City of Abbotsford and its staff.