The City of Abbotsford has addressed all five phases of emergency management and is continually updating plans. Our goal is to be ready for anything! The five generally recognized phases in emergency management:
- Prevention activities reduce the potential for emergencies.
- Mitigation planning reduces the impact of emergencies that we cannot prevent.
- Preparedness management ensures we have all the tools required to respond to emergencies.
- Response is what we do when an emergency occurs.
- Recovery efforts start where the response ends and sometimes even before.