No matter how large or small your production, the City of Abbotsford's Economic Development Department will help you coordinate a successful film shoot in the City.
Anyone planning a film production in the City or on City property, including streets, sidewalks, and other public space, must obtain a Film Permit to Film in the City of Abbotsford. Filming permit applications
must be submitted by email to the Communications and Marketing Department
or fax 604-853-1934 two weeks prior to scheduled filming.
Applications must include:
- a description of the use and content of the film;
- a proposed shooting schedule;
- description of scenes that may include stunts or actions that may require emergency services or alterations to City property, and/or set construction;
- specific mechanical and electrical requirements;
- number of cast and crew members;
- list of equipment to be brought on site; and a site map.
Approvals are subject to:
- submission of a completed and signed filming permit application;
- a non-refundable application fee of $350;
- all additional permits/approvals as specified in the application;
- an acceptable Certificate of Liability Insurance, in the amount of $5 million, naming the City of Abbotsford as an additional insured;
- and damage deposits, as deemed necessary by approving departments/agencies.