Transit in Abbotsford
Public transit helps promote the reduction of single occupancy vehicle trips and minimize the need for expensive infrastructure while connecting our residential areas, parks, and shopping and employment areas.
The City of Abbotsford’s goal is to create a transit-friendly community that:
- provides a viable transportation alternative for all residents
- supports population and local employment growth
- maintains and improves the City’s work/live ratio
- shapes growth according to the City’s Official Community Plan (OCP)
- reduces community-wide greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
The City of Abbotsford is part of the Central Fraser Valley (CFV) Transit System. The City of Abbotsford, Fraser Valley Regional District, City of Chilliwack and University of the Fraser Valley implemented a new regional transit service, Fraser Valley Express (FVX - Route 66), which connects four independent transit systems: Central Fraser Valley, TransLink, Chilliwack and Agassiz-Harrison.
Visit the BC Transit and Fraser Valley Regional District websites for fares, routes and schedules.
Back to top
Back to top