Working at the City
Are you ready for a rewarding career, playing an integral role in helping Abbotsford be the city that all other communities aspire to be? You’re in the right place.
Join over 1000 people throughout Abbotsford including City Hall, Abbotsford Police, Abbotsford International Airport, Parks, Recreation & Culture, Operations Yard and Fire Halls.
Set in the picturesque Fraser Valley, Abbotsford is a rapidly growing community with a vibrant and diverse population. We are a short 30 minute drive east of the Port Mann Bridge and are proud to be a thriving “City in the Country”.
We are an equal opportunity employer, seeking candidates with superior skills, knowledge and abilities in their field of expertise. If you are a team player, with a positive attitude and a commitment to excellence in customer service, we want to hear from you!
- A Variety of Occupations
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Healthy Work/Life Balance
- Dedicated Staff: the opportunity to work with great people in a supportive and fun environment while providing quality service to the community
- Development: the opportunity for advancement and professional development, including an excellent leadership and development program where courses are regularly offered in-house and off-site
- Wellness: a great work environment with excellent recreational facilities and beautiful walking trails and an opportunity for employees to participate in our FITT4U fitness pass program
- Employee Assistance Program: a comprehensive program with a variety of services available to employees and their immediate family members, including career counselling, life coaching, child/eldercare consultation, and work/life balance support
- Community Involvement: make a difference within the community through your work and volunteer opportunities.
We’re not your typical municipality. We value progress, customer service, integrity and have a unique ability to provide innovative solutions.
If you want to make a difference at the City of Abbotsford, view our current job postings below.
Back to top
External Job Postings
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to. The instructions are displayed after selecting Apply. If you need assistance after reviewing the instructions please contact us at 604-864-5549, and we will be pleased to help you.
*If you are a current City of Abbotsford employee and want to browse our internal job postings click here.
Job Posting - Director, Property, Risk Management and Legal Services
To explore this exciting opportunity further, please contact Bennett Royer, Ashley Dawson or Craig Hemer in our Vancouver office at 604-685-0261, or please submit your resume and related information to firstname.lastname@example.org
and state the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail.
Back to top
Internal Job Postings
Applications for internal job postings are open only to current City of Abbotsford employees.
Back to top