Changes Coming to Noise Regulations
The City of Abbotsford is proposing changes to noise regulations. Noise is an important issue for many people and contributes to a healthy and safe living environment and quality of life.
The proposed changes to the Sound Regulation Bylaw include:
- Removing noise regulation from the City’s Good Neighbour Bylaw and creating a new stand-alone sound regulation bylaw that is more comprehensive and objective.
- Establishing two ‘Noise Districts’ in the City:
- Activity District, which permits industrial and commercial uses and the accompanying noise.
- Quiet District, which restricts industrial and commercial noise levels and designates specific times which restrict noise levels.
- Shifting to an objective measurement of permitted noise levels, including a reliable and practical approach for the enforcement of the bylaw.
- Establishing subjective criteria for cases where noise measurement may be impractical.
Residents and businesses will have the opportunity for input and comment regarding the proposed changes to noise regulations on:
Monday, April 24, 2017 @ 3:00 pm
Executive Committee Meeting
Matsqui Centennial Auditorium
More information is available in the report to council